Ever wondered how to turn off location history on iPhone? Then this article is for you!
If you have the location services option enabled on your iPhone then you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to find and pinpoint the previous location history of you iPhone on a map, tracking each and every place that you’ve been to.
This feature could be useful if you visited a nice shop, cafe, restaurant or even a park and you forgot what it was called or where it was you can simply look at your recently visited locations and find out where it is on the map and identify what it is called. This option is also simple to disable and you can follow the guide in this article to turn off location history on iPhone, if the thought of location tracking makes you paranoid.
How To Find The Location History Of Your iPhone
This is a simple tutorial on how to see a map of the previous location history of your iPhone, it’s a simplified tutorial, just follow the steps shown below:
- Tap the ‘Settings’ icon to launch the settings application on your iPhone
- Go to the ‘Privacy’ section
- Press ‘Location Services’ (Make sure it’s already switched on)
- Next, scroll down to the bottom of the option menu and find ‘System Services’ and tap on it
- Scroll down to the bottom again and tap on ‘Frequent Locations’
- Here, in the ‘History’ section, you’ll see a list of all the cities and places you’ve previously been to
- Simply tap on one of the cities shown to view a map of that city and each individual place that you’ve visited will be pinpointed on the map. You can even tap on each individual place to see what time you visited and how long you spent there.
How To Turn Off Location History On iPhone?
If you want to get rid of your location history and interested in completely getting rid of this option then you can turn off location history on iPhone.
When you on on the same screen, press the back button and simply press the ‘Clear History’ button and then confirm it and all the locations will disappear.
Furthermore, if you don’t want your frequent locations to be tracked and stored at all, then you can toggle off the switch and Apple will stop storing them.
This location tracking feature is automatically enabled whenever your location services are switched on, of course unless you’ve turn off location history on iPhone or disabled the location tracking feature.
Turning off your location services altogether will cause the tracking to stop as well. Having the Frequent Locations feature off can also help save battery, as your iPhone will be using the location services less, this normally drains the battery. The Frequent Locations feature can be found on any iPhone running iOS 7 or above.
This feature was bought introduced in 2011 when iPhone users were surprised to find out the Apple had been tracking them secretly and had also been storing their location information in a text file on their device. Apple later stated that is was a bug and did not intend to store that much information on people’s devices, they then patched this in an iOS software update later on.