How to Delete All iPhone Contacts at Once [Step-By-Step Guide]
Need to start afresh? Selling your phone? Well, you could find yourself in a position where you’ll want to delete all iPhone contacts at once. And no one wants to use the tedious method of deleting one contact at a time.
How To Delete All iPhone Contacts
Unfortunately, Apple offers no obvious, easy way of doing so, but we have two really simple methods to delete all your contacts at once.
- Go to your home screen and tap on the settings icon to launch the settings application
- Go to Mail -> Contacts -> Calendar
- Tap on the the account of which you want to delete the contacts from
- Tap on the contacts switch, to set it to off
- On the popup, tap the ‘Delete from My iPhone’ button
- Now you can repeat this process for any other accounts that have synced contacts in your iPhone. Go through each of the accounts listed in the “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars” section and make sure that none of them are syncing contacts, if they are just repeat the process. Each time you turn off contacts, you will be asked if you want to delete them from your iPhone, make sure you do delete them from you iPhone so that they are not shown in you contacts app
- On iTunes, disable contact syncing, by plugging in you iPhone, and selecting the contact section and unselecting the ‘Sync Contacts’ option, to prevent the contacts being synced back onto your phone after you have deleted them.
- Tap the Settings icon on your home screen to launch the setting application
- Scroll down and select ‘iCloud’
- Tap on the contacts switch, make sure it is set to off
- Then you will be faced with a popup, make sure you select ‘Delete from My iPhone’, to ensure your contacts are deleted from your device.
Another easy way to delete all contacts from iPhone is to restore your iPhone to it’s factory settings. It will erase all data from your phone.
Alternatively, you can erase the data by going to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase all content and settings. However this method is not recommended as it will delete all of your user data including your photos, songs, videos and any other user/network settings.
Tip: Make sure that you have a backup of your contacts stored on another device or on your computer, if you want to access the contacts again once they have been deleted. You can store a backup by turning on iCloud backup or syncing your iPhone with iTunes and selecting ‘Sync Contacts’ or using 3rd party programs to specifically store your contacts data.
The methods mentioned in this article to delete all iPhone contacts should work on any version of iOS and with any iPhone model!