How to restore iOS 10 using SemiRestore Lite without jail breaking
Jail breaking is a method by which you can unlock a number of features in your iPhone. It requires a number of tweaks and a lot of modifying but it brings a variety of features to your phone. This is great until this point and a lot of users opt for this option but here is where the complications begin. A lot of users then try to restore iOS 10 or 10.0.2 on their device again but they are unable to do so because the jail break is removed from your device by then and your saved data is lost.
Fortunately, there’s a solution for this. Now you can restore iOS 10 your device and keep the jailbreak as well. Your device keeps the jailbreak intact and only lets go of the modifications and tweajs that it has made so you get a clean, original phone. For some people, jailbreaking does not work well and they wish to go back to the fresh jailbreak where they haven’t installed a number of tweaks and their phone isn’t as significantly modified as it was now.
This feature works on both iOS 10.0.0 and 10.2 and makes sure all your data and saved pictures, videos and contacts are protected and so is your jailbreak. The only thing that it lets go of is the Cydia download and the tweaks downloaded through that.
Restore iOS 10 – iOS 10.2 Without Losing Jailbreak
- Step 1: The first step is to download the Cydia app and then install mTerminal on it. You should also have Filza File Manager on your device. .
- Step 2: Once you have downloaded both the files, open the Restore app and then open it in the Filza app. Through this, SemiRestore Lite will be saved in Filza. You can access this in the documents folder.
- Step 3: then open your mTerminal. You will find this on the homescreen.
- Step 4: next, you are supposed to type in su as a command in the mTerminal.
- Step 5: the password is always ‘alpine’. It is alpine by default but that doesn’t mean you cannot change it. There is an option of changing it from your settings. Type the password and click on enter when you are done. You won’t be able to see what you are typing while you are in the middle of it.
- Step 6: the next step is similar to the step 4. All you have to do is type commands and press ‘enter’ after each. There are a total of three commands that you have to type in. These are:
- cd /private/var/mobile/Documents
- chmod +x SemiRestore10-Lite
- Step 7: from here onwards, SemiRestore will do all the work. It will start the process of restoring iOS 10 on your device but will make sure all your important data including your images, videos and contacts stay safe. It will let go of the Cydia packages and and the tweaks that come with it. you are simply supposed to sit back and wait for it to complete its process.
- Step 8: the last step is another command that you are supposed to put in. It’s killall SprinBoard. Once you’ll enter this command, the device will start its restart process. Once it restarts, you will have a fresh jailbroken device devoid of all tweaks and modifications.
These were 8 simple steps on how to restore iOS 10 without losing your jail break and all the saved data that you have in your phone. It’s a fairly simple procedure and a very safe one as there is nothing to lose. The app SemiRestore Lite isa trusted and secure app too.